Sunday 26 April 2009

sunny chilterns run 23 miles



I found out today it was the London Flora marathon (happening about 6 miles from my house) so instead I drove for an hour to Princes Risborough in the chilterns to do a training run and to be fair I think for me it was a lot more pleasureable. Ran a fast 20 mile race over the berkshire downs 2 weeks ago, but I needed a long hilly ru now I've recovered from that. Between Risboro and Wendover is spectacular as you'll see from the photos. I tried to find a swimming spot on the thames after for my first "wild swim" of the year, but the currents were too strong east of Marlow and it was too muddy and busy. I got a good tip off though for next time further west near Henley.

It's April 29th and I'm burnt!

2 comments:

joao100medo said...

burnt but never burnt out mate.
I bet it was better than the marathon.Can't really see you running alongside Gordon Ramsay, Peter Andre and Jordan.Still, i admit it would be a curious race.Anyway...where are those photos then? I only see one, and your face kinda covers the background.

Ali said...

I didn't know they were running but that kind of confirms my worst fears. Two black eyes, one from gordon and one from jordans breasts.
yeehah
The other photos are behind my massive head.